Sunday, July 24, 2011

E-Robot Science Fiction (take two)

All right. The idea was to e-pub SF stories individually for thirty-five cents.
Well, after creating lots of covers (with $0.35 prominently displayed), generating blurbs, keyword lists, formatting stories, and converting them to MOBI and EPUB format, I decided to begin uploading them to Amazon/Kindle and B&N/Nook. And I tried it at five am this morning.

I found to my horror that Amazon's minimum price is $0.99.
Quickly, I recreated a first cover with $0.99 displayed, and uploaded the first story.

After doing uploads to Amazon and B&N, I thought about it. Ninety-nine cents (in my opinion) is too high. What I'll do now is offer the stories at two for ninety-nine cents.

It means I'll have to do all the work all over. I figure (since I won't have the learning curve) that I can get back to where I was in about one, sixteen-hour day. I'm five hours in already. It's going to be one heck of a long day (and I'm going to skip my SPCA volunteering today).

And as soon as the single story offerings go up on Amazon and B&N, I'll remove them from sale.
What a bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment